Leader: Carlo CATAPANO firstname.lastname@example.org
In this WG, groups of biologists and pharmacologist will gather information to demonstrate a thorough understanding of the lead's mechanism of action, its adequate developability properties, its biocompatibility and safety of nanomaterials (esp. long term toxicity. Studies will be performed in vitro and in vivo.
In vitro studies will focus on:
- (a) cellular uptake and localization of the compounds,
- (b) controlled release,
- (c) mechanism of the anticancer activity (POC).
In vivo studies will check:
- (a) efficacy assessment in relevant oncology models (xenografts/syngeneic models)
- (b) ADME (absorption, distribution, metabolism and elimination) properties,
- (c) characterization and modeling o the pharmacokinetics/ pharmacodynamics (PK/PD) relationship,
- (d) ability to elude the immune system long enough to release a therapeutic cargo,
- (e) safety and toxicology studies in two clinically relevant animal models.
All animal studies will be done according to high ethical standards.